Tuesday, September 01, 2009

New month. New season. Feeling fine!

Welcome spring. We're very ready for you!

I am trying very hard to focus on the positives right now (let's face it, lots of good stuff happening). School is a tricky place right now. People so sick right left and centre and those left behind manning the fort (get well soon loved ones!). Kids being rat-bags. Nearly the end of term so everyone (especially me) is tired (ほんと に つかれた!)

I stop and smile as often as possible. I smile at the kids who will come to give me a hug in front of the rest of the class. The naughty child in tears when he hurt himself and wanting nothing more than a snuggle. The little prep kids calling hello from far across the yard. The laughter at what ever story I may be reading. Beautiful manners (got to love the pleases and thank yous).

Have I already told you that I really adore my class? I am such a lucky teacher. Each and every student is unique, kind and thoughtful. It is a pleasure to spend such a large part of my day with them all (there are 49!).


superrelish said...

It is GREAT to smile and enjoy all the wonderful things around us all!

Mari said...

49? You must be team teaching? I teach grades 6, 7, and 8 at a tiny school. There are 38 total. I get a little overwhelmed when more than one grade is in any one room at a time. I can't imagine 49 youngsters!