Tuesday, September 01, 2009

New month. New season. Feeling fine!

Welcome spring. We're very ready for you!

I am trying very hard to focus on the positives right now (let's face it, lots of good stuff happening). School is a tricky place right now. People so sick right left and centre and those left behind manning the fort (get well soon loved ones!). Kids being rat-bags. Nearly the end of term so everyone (especially me) is tired (ほんと に つかれた!)

I stop and smile as often as possible. I smile at the kids who will come to give me a hug in front of the rest of the class. The naughty child in tears when he hurt himself and wanting nothing more than a snuggle. The little prep kids calling hello from far across the yard. The laughter at what ever story I may be reading. Beautiful manners (got to love the pleases and thank yous).

Have I already told you that I really adore my class? I am such a lucky teacher. Each and every student is unique, kind and thoughtful. It is a pleasure to spend such a large part of my day with them all (there are 49!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is GREAT to smile and enjoy all the wonderful things around us all!

Unknown said...

49? You must be team teaching? I teach grades 6, 7, and 8 at a tiny school. There are 38 total. I get a little overwhelmed when more than one grade is in any one room at a time. I can't imagine 49 youngsters!