Monday, August 13, 2007

To travel for work

Lets face it, how often do teachers actually get to travel 'for' work? Not very often. A select few manage teacher exchanges or some time consulting OS. I organised myself in regard to Japan. I was lucky to be given 2 years leave from my job. Apart from that, I was solo...

I have just started working with a small group of teachers at school. We are part of a larger picture. Around 10 groups are involved. We are researching pedagogy and space in schools. Specifically, we will be looking at how we teach and how classrooms (spaces) effect how we learn. It is actually really intresting. I am excited to be involved.

The REALLY exciting news is that some of us are headed to Christchurch to look at some innovative schools there. I travel over in the beginning of September. I really can't wait. My friend Rachael went to see some of these schools several years ago and I have been hoping that I might get the opportunity to do the same at some point. I will keep you posted and take lots of photos - of course.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I forgot to reply to your text. It sounds like a great trip, the project sounds really interesting well done for getting involved in it.

Rosie said...

Brilliant! BTW, thanks so much for your AANA recommendation on Koh Chang, loved the place! Also, guess who had a hug mug at Max Brenner yesterday...

Anonymous said...

Well done Ellen - for getting involved and going to Christchurch!
NZ is one place I really want to go to
Love JEG