Saturday, February 04, 2006

Hungry?

So I got pretty game today. My aim? To sneak into the supermarket and try to get at least one photo of the kujira (yes... WHALE!) available today. The result? I got quite a few photos.
A lot of the meat is really dark. It actually looks a lot like beef.
You may not want to know what this is... Here goes. It's blubber. The black lines are skin. I asked a Japanese friend how this part of the whale is eaten. She said you boil it and then season it with soy sauce. Delicious - I think not!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And there seems to be a lot on display - is it expensive? M XXX

Anonymous said...

There seems to be no shortage. We find it hard to comprehend eating such a maginificent creature but I suppose the Japanese find it hard to understnd us eating kangaroo. At least kangaroos are plentiful, almost a pest in some areas